What did you do today?
I've been thinking a lot lately about human potential and how so often we fail to really live up to our potential. In particular, I've been thinking about how people who do truly extraordinary things are not necessarily 10 times smarter, talented, or gifted then the rest of us. Was Sam Walton 10 times smarter then the mom and pop shop around the corner? Was Ghandi 1,000,000,000 times a better leader?
What they had was a vision and the belief that the vision could be accomplished.
I read a book the other day that in the 1960's some researchers did a study on Harvard Seniors and found that 3% of them had written down their goals for the future. 20 years later, the net worth of that 3% was greater then the other 97% combined. I'm not saying money should be a goal, but that this just shows the power goals, especially writing them down.
Years ago people thought it was impossible to run the 5 minute mile. Shortly thereafter, someone broke the barrier.
Alcatraz worked so well as a prison for years because people couldn't make the swim to SF. Well, a nine year old boy just did it today.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051010/ap_on_fe_st/young_swimmer
What did you do today? What are your dreams? I'm tired of the ordinary, I want to live the extraordinary. The problem truly is that we are a generation without a cause.
Wake me up when you figure yours out, I'm trying to find mine.
What they had was a vision and the belief that the vision could be accomplished.
I read a book the other day that in the 1960's some researchers did a study on Harvard Seniors and found that 3% of them had written down their goals for the future. 20 years later, the net worth of that 3% was greater then the other 97% combined. I'm not saying money should be a goal, but that this just shows the power goals, especially writing them down.
Years ago people thought it was impossible to run the 5 minute mile. Shortly thereafter, someone broke the barrier.
Alcatraz worked so well as a prison for years because people couldn't make the swim to SF. Well, a nine year old boy just did it today.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051010/ap_on_fe_st/young_swimmer
What did you do today? What are your dreams? I'm tired of the ordinary, I want to live the extraordinary. The problem truly is that we are a generation without a cause.
Wake me up when you figure yours out, I'm trying to find mine.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home