Thursday, May 12, 2005

Apple

Okay, so MocMoc is bugging me to post. So I posted a ton tonight at the OhanaTales Blog. But she has been bugging me to post here too. But I'm not sure what kinda chow mein this is going to be yet. I suspect its going to a mix of religion, business, cars, sports, and...movies. But I guess the first ingredient is apple.
So, I saw an article on my coworker's desk today which said "How big can Apple get?" So I was thinking back to about 1996 or 97 when I was looking for a job. I read an article in the San Jose Mercury News about how Apple was having problems and not going to make it, in an interview with one of the VP's. For Some reason, I decided to write her a letter express how I thought that Apple was going to do well, had a good future, keep up the good fight, etc. I remember telling my roommate at the time, if I had the money, I would buy stock in Apple. Everyone thinks they're down, but they'll do well. I also sent her my resume. She responded to my email, but I read in a few weeks that she left or was fired. Shortly thereafter, Steve Jobs returned.
Actually, I think I had the money, but didn't invest because it wasn't easily accessible, etrade wasn't around, and I wanted to buy an Integra GSR, yada, yada, yada.
Well, here's apple's 10 year stock chart.





So, if I had taken my $10000 at that time and bought $2000 shares at $5, it would be worth $100k today. Doh, should have gone with my gut.
Just like I should have gone with my gut last December when I read this article about Tiger and how everyone was down on him. I turned to my wife "if I could invest in Tiger, I would now". And then he turns around and wins another Master. (What a match!!)

On a side note, I was reading an article today about the guy who stabbed his daughter in Illinois. I looked up and said to my coworkers "Did you guys hear about this guy who killed his daughter and her friend??" They say "no, really?" and then one says "I hate to change the subject, but have you seen the new 3 series??? Its got an incredible rear end!! Its so nice!!!" And then they went off on the 3 series and the new 3 series commercial. Are we that shallow? Are we that numb? Or is it just those UCLA'ns?

Finally, apparently, I've got my head in the sand.. but there have been like 8 shootings in recent months on the 110. Another one today. First I heard about it was today.

- Chow Mein

3 Comments:

Blogger MocMoc and Rocketdog said...

Yeah yeah, crazy stuff going on in LA. I live up in the Bay Area and I've been hearing about the shootings - get your head out of the sand! ;)

Really sad about the criminal dad who killed his daughter and her best friend...apparently the daughter disobeyed him. Horrible!--MocMoc

11:40 AM  
Blogger Cobra Bubbles and the Grand Councilwoman said...

Yeah..she stole money!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Cobra Bubbles and the Grand Councilwoman said...

or "apparently" she stole money"
he stabbed her in the eyes!

We don't watch the Local news b/c its so depressing and everything gets skipped over b/c of Tivo!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home