Inspirational
This woman has been sick since Age 19.. I'm going to add a link to her blog, because its pretty interesting:
At age 19, I had Hodgkins Disease (lymphoma) and the treatments nearly destroyed my lungs. I developed interstitial lung disease, a permanent condition. Through the years I’ve been plagued with serious lung infections, the last one culminating in pneumonia. I was on life-support and in a coma for weeks and it took months to rehabilitate. I have 25% of the lung capacity that I need, or in other words, half of a lung! At age 36, I'm currently awaiting double-lung and heart transplant at Duke University.
http://bfljw.blogspot.com/2005/10/its-time.html
At age 19, I had Hodgkins Disease (lymphoma) and the treatments nearly destroyed my lungs. I developed interstitial lung disease, a permanent condition. Through the years I’ve been plagued with serious lung infections, the last one culminating in pneumonia. I was on life-support and in a coma for weeks and it took months to rehabilitate. I have 25% of the lung capacity that I need, or in other words, half of a lung! At age 36, I'm currently awaiting double-lung and heart transplant at Duke University.
http://bfljw.blogspot.com/2005/10/its-time.html

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home